Don’t, Drink and Die

I was a little dazed and everything around me seemed hazy as I slowly opened my eyes

My head didn’t hurt anymore but I could feel blood trickling down my shoulder and then to the spine,


Puzzled as to what happened here, I threw a glance around me to see what’s going on

I probably had a couple of extra glasses of JD and it’s just another hangover me thinks,


I carefully walk towards the guy who looks petrified for some reason I don’t know

He turns, looks at me and then again turns his back onto me with no expressions to show,


The next thing I hear is Mira’s voice in pain and agony, I rush in the direction of her scream

As I appear from the back of the van I am shocked and stunned with the sight so grim,


I never thought this would happen to her or more importantly to me

I was always in control and I never drank over the limit, I was a responsible hubby


But then reality is different and I am a dead man today but was alive once

Mira, my wife, and I were expecting our first child to be delivered in five months,


I stand frozen as I see her damp eyes filled with grief staring into the empty space

God, can you please give me one more chance, I promise I will clear this mess.

No comments: